Thank You!

goldfile's picture
Submitted by goldfile on Mon, 01/28/2013 - 16:19

All of us at GGJ want to thank everyone who participated and helped in our 2013 event. Despite a few tech hurdles, we really feel GGJ was a very successful experience for all. We have grown tremendously and we are so happy that everyone had fun. This week we are going to put together an official count and great stories we have heard from around the world to share with you.

If you have any questions about uploads, ftp issues, or anything related to games on our site, please contact info@globlagamejam.org

For media info, please email zuraida@globalgamejam.org

Comments

Barry McMahon's picture
Submitted by Barry McMahon on Mon, 01/28/2013 - 17:10

I would like to thank everyone at the jam for a great experience especially the organizers both local and international.

The Nerdery was our host here in the Twin Cities and it could not have happened without the great work of Chris, Zach, Tori and Ryan who made it comfortable fun and engaging for all.

lesswanted's picture
Submitted by lesswanted on Mon, 01/28/2013 - 19:43

Doing a game in 48 hours? You must be kidding me... But we did it, it was an indredible oportunity and I rellly enjoyed it. So... see you next time!!

bOdziO Wolf's picture
Submitted by bOdziO Wolf on Mon, 01/28/2013 - 22:12

It was my first take at the Game Jam and I must say I'm quite impressed. I've never been able to work so much time before and making a game in 48 hours rendered before me as a tremendous task.

But we made it! Had a lot of fun and crafted a complete game from beginnig to the end and our team got to the 3rd place in local GameJam :)

A tip for the next GameJam: scale your servers better. Both the web site and the alternative ftp server were down during the whole submission period in Poland and even hours before. I had to upload the game next day in fact.

So... see ya next year!

cmorellato's picture
Submitted by cmorellato on Tue, 01/29/2013 - 05:05

It was an great experience and I hope I can have lots of other ones!
I participated for the first time and had a great time. Thank you, Jammers! See you next year!

Urkel's picture
Submitted by Urkel on Tue, 01/29/2013 - 09:24

It has been an awesome experience, working around the concept like a "heart beat" has been really challenging and fun.I think I have managed to do a crazy game about that.

The people were great and there was always a flow of good energy that spread between all the participants. Thanks to the organizers to make this event happen so well.

pexbest's picture
Submitted by pexbest on Tue, 01/29/2013 - 09:53

» For me, Global Game Jam now means more than [ 48 hours, 10 persons hobby meeting ] turning into a ' worldwide leading event brand ' of creative source and talent on games developing, this fact was made in part by all of us in every country.  Unlimited possibilities could derive of this fact and one is GGJ turning more into a Seal.. a Symbol like the olympic games in sports matter. For that and what we can see on game selections; pro teams formation ; jamsites press coverage, etc. annual jams imply more than just little hobby games if just certain Competition and desire for detailed Excellence and Quality at best possible in just 48 hours. No easy task, but fun in the run. «

-- Felipe Raizor --   Game Artist |  2013 GGJammer.

pexbest's picture
Submitted by pexbest on Tue, 01/29/2013 - 09:57

Thanxs for this new experience, and for bring us unexpected challenges like this last one.

>  As always, Id love to help in case you'd need some volunteers for next GGJ14  :)

ricardo.nakamura's picture
Submitted by ricardo.nakamura on Wed, 01/30/2013 - 20:40

This was the first year of GGJ at our university and it was great! I am hoping to host a site again next year! Congratulations to everyone involved with this event!

Gian's picture
Submitted by Gian on Thu, 01/31/2013 - 10:35

Great experience on a lot of different points of view: development, project management, time management... any person involved in any way in code, arts or management should try it.

Looking forward for the next year challenge. Keep up the good work!

Giancarlo Todone - coder / project manager