(This is what we aimed for)We are making a game that tells about Herman the Hobo, who is trapped in his nightmare after a night out drinking. He's goal is to get trough each stage in the dream, and avoid his "Hangover-Beasts" while in there. If you survive all the nightmare's he will wake up from the dream and the game will end. The game is a 2d sidescroller, with some sneaking and classic platforming. The guy only has a flashlight that shows his way in the dream and he can also hide behind objects. If he gets too close to a beast in the dream, his pulse will go up, if his pulse get's too high his heart will explode and he will die. There's also an time limit on each map, if the remaining time gets to 0 his pulse will start growing exponentially, until he dies. In the dream he will find more booze, to lower his pulse and hourglasses, that gives him more time to get trough his dream.
(This is what it ended up to be) The game is about a guy named Herman the Hobo who is trapped in his drunk nightmare, where the hangover beast is chasing him. He needs to run through each level to get further in his dream, but it's not as simple as you would think. Herman's heart is in bad shape because he has been really drunk for many days, the hangover is coming and you know how your heart works in that state don't ya?
1. If your hearts pulse gets over 350 or under 0 you die.
2. If you run (spacebar), get puked on by the beast or jump (w) your hearts pulse with get higher
3. If you drink booze, your hearts pulse will decrease and get more stable.
4. If your hearts pulse ends up between 0 and 40 Herman will get exhausted and is unable to jump or run.
5. If your time runs out (1 minute per map) your hearts pulse will start growing instead of decreasing while standing still.
6. Find the toilet in each map to save Herman from the terrible beast, that is chasing him.