(Additional Info, since the "About" Part above doen't support text formatting)
The second game I made for the Global Game Jam 2013!
As I was making my first game ABOAB, I was worried that I may have strayed too far away from the Global Game Jam theme (the sound of a heartbeat).
Also, I really wanted to incorporate the heartbeat theme into actual gameplay, so I decided to make a game that only relied on sound to play.
In addition, I really wanted to make a game with the Inclusive diversifier in it, as I've never really done that before.
Any feedback or suggestions welcome! =)
HOW TO PLAY
- If you are playing this game, and are able to see, close your eyes!
- One player controls the PLAYER (P), while another player controls the MONSTER (M)
- P's goal is to find the TREASURE (T), while the M's goal is to find P
- Both players take turns. During a turn, P or M can either move, listen, or end their turn.
- P can move once in any direction, while M can move three times.
- If either P or M moves, they make sound in adjacent squares, in addition to the one they're standing on.
- M makes more sound than P (the squares diagonal to the one M is on)
- At any time during P or M's turn, they can listen in any direction. If they hear a sound square, a heartbeat sound is heard.
- If P ends their turn on T, P wins!
- If M ends their turn on P, M wins!
(I never had time to implement customizable controls, but if anyone requests it, especially for accessibility, I should be able to do something about it hopefully.)
As the PLAYER (P):
- W, A, S, D: Move Player
- T, F, G, H: Listen in a direction
- SPACE: End turn
- ESC: Quit the game
As the MONSTER (M):
- Arrow keys: Move Monster
- I, J, K, L: Listen in direction
- ENTER: End Turn
- ESC: Quit the game
- Stay Inside The Box: The game technically uses zero screens, but one for spectators ;)
- True Colors: Spectator mode only uses Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Navy
- No cheating (please): If you are able to see, please close your eyes while playing, and only use your ears to navigate. If you are watching, you are not allowed to tell the players of the positions of the player, monster, or treasure.
- More the Merrier: This game is for two players. However, others may participate and help the players (without cheating!)
- Approved for All Audiences: I'll leave it up to the audience to think what happens when the monster captures the player; I was thinking the monster gives the player a hug when captured =)
- Inclusive: This is the first time I've designed a game that only relies on sound input, so any feedback is appreciated!