(Additional Info, since the "About" Part above doen't support text formatting)
The first (of two) games I made for the Global Game Jam 2013!
When I heard the heartbeat theme, I thought about the flow of blood that occurs through the heart. Extending that idea, I decided to make a game about blood donation, i.e. the flow of blood from one person to another.
HOW TO PLAY
- Place blood of various blood types on the board to donate to adjacent blood types.
- Red squares are Donor squares; they donate to White squares, which are Recipient squares.
- Placing blood on red squares will remove blood on adjacent white squares if they can be donated to:
- - Blood Type A can donate to A and AB
- - Blood Type B can donate to B and AB
- - Blood Type O can donate to A, B, O, and AB
- - Blood Type AB can donate to AB
- Every blood placement reduces the percent of blood of each blood type
- Blood on Recipient squares that receives donated blood gets removed
- Every removed blood on the board adds percent to the respective blood type
- The game is over when one or more blood type's percent reaches zero.
- W, A, S, D: Move Cursor
- SPACE: Place blood
- ESC: Quit the game
- Stay Inside The Box: Only one screen for gameplay!
- True Colors: The only colors used are Black, White, Gray, Maroon, Red, Yellow, and Olive
- I'm Board: The idea of red/white donor/recipient squares and piece removal was inspired by Chess/Checker boards.
- Approved for All Audiences: Blood donation should not be a violent issue!
- Bigger Picture: Blood donation clinics around the world are always in need for people to donate blood, which can in turn help others in need.